Wednesday, August 11, 2010

They Shoot Puppies, Don’t They?

A great article written by By Dave Hitt on Aug 10, 2010

I came home from running a few errands and saw two police cars and several other vehicles parked in front of my house. There were quite a few other people standing around, people I recognized, and four cops, two on the sidewalk and two on the stoop next door. The people were relatives of my next door neighbors, so I knew this had nothing to do with me. But I was scared, because my dog was outside, fenced in on the porch.

Cops routinely shoot dogs. They shoot them when entering homes, they shoot them while cutting through yards, they shoot them from a distance, evidently for sport. My dog Sammy is a Black Lab/Golden Retriever mix. He’s 110 lbs. of wiggly friendliness. Whenever he meets someone new he’s so overjoyed and happy he jumps on them so he can lick their face. I knew if he did that to a cop we’d be burying him in the back yard.

I moved as quickly as I could without arousing suspicion and locked Sammy inside before going back to talk with my neighbors. There was some strangeness going on next door that isn’t relevant to this article and I never did find out exactly what happened.

My reactions may sound paranoid, but every week I see stories of cops shooting family pets

Read more...

No comments: